Artsmark Platinum - Inspiring young people through the arts and culture.
We believe every child should have the opportunity to create, compose, and perform, as well as to visit, experience, participate in and review extraordinary work.What it means to be a PLATINUM school:
We will be one of a handful of schools in the whole country at this level. It is awarded to schools who meet a number of criteria, these include:
• Schools must demonstrate over time that the arts and culture curriculum offers an extended and wide variety of learning opportunities in more alternative arts and culture subjects such as digital installations, videography or public art. Older students have the opportunity to have greater input into what they learn, how they learn and how they record their learning. Schools must demonstrate that they have helped or supported other schools with curriculum design.
• The school can demonstrate over time that children have had a wide range of arts and culture experiences at a national level such as:
• theatre trips
• museum visits
• dance events
• art gallery trips
• installations, public outdoor art.
• The school can demonstrate over time that it works in partnership on a larger scale and this may include taking a leadership role that has a positive impact on outcomes for a wider group of pupils and staff.
• We have always had a hugely dedicated team of staff delivering Arts experiences for our young people and I am exceptionally proud that has been recognised at such a high level by the Arts Council.
CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who has been involved.
Be Healthy School Award
The Be Healthy Schools’ Award is a new development to build upon the success of the Healthy Schools Programme (which over 98% of Birmingham schools engaged with), and to bring it up-to-date with the requirements of 2013 and beyond whilst building on the prior successes and achievements of schools.
Why a Be Healthy Schools Award?
Growing up in a major city can be exciting with an array of opportunities and resources not available elsewhere which make city living an enjoyable and positive experience. However there is also a distinct set of challenges and issues for children and young people which need to be considered as they may act against young people making positive health behaviour choices.
Food for Life
A Food for Life Schools Award is a great way to demonstrate that your school is doing fantastic work to provide healthy school meals, great lunchtimes and food education that has a positive impact on both pupils and the wider community.
Investor In People
Investor in People is a nationally recognised and well-respected diagnostic tool that allows organisations to effectively review their business and people management processes against a framework of good practice indicators. It is a framework based on the following three key principles to help focus on organisational priorities and improve performance through people.
Develop strategies to improve performance
Take action to improve performance
Evaluate and improve performance
International School Award
International work gives schools the opportunity to develop, improve and learn from new colleagues around the world. It exposes educators to new practises and perspectives, their professional development and as such raising teaching standards. While for young people it provides a window into different cultures and countries, preparing them for life in a global society.
Science Quality Mark Silver
Schools achieve a Primary Science Quality Mark award following a rigorous process of self –evaluation. Supported by compulsory CPD and expert mentoring the subject leader works with colleagues across the school.
Copyright © 2018, Hillstone Primary School