Artsmark Platinum – Inspiring young people through the arts and culture.
We believe every child should have the opportunity to create, compose, and perform, as well as to visit, experience, participate in and review extraordinary work. What it means to be a PLATINUM school:
We will be one of a handful of schools in the whole country at this level. It is awarded to schools who meet a number of criteria, these include:
• Schools must demonstrate over time that the arts and culture curriculum offers an extended and wide variety of learning opportunities in more alternative arts and culture subjects such as digital installations, videography or public art. Older students have the opportunity to have greater input into what they learn, how they learn and how they record their learning. Schools must demonstrate that they have helped or supported other schools with curriculum design.
• The school can demonstrate over time that children have had a wide range of arts and culture experiences at a national level such as:
• theatre trips
• museum visits
• dance events
• art gallery trips
• installations, public outdoor art.
• The school can demonstrate over time that it works in partnership on a larger scale and this may include taking a leadership role that has a positive impact on outcomes for a wider group of pupils and staff.
• We have always had a hugely dedicated team of staff delivering Arts experiences for our young people and I am exceptionally proud that has been recognised at such a high level by the Arts Council.
CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who has been involved.